Let Go of Shoulds, Let In Fun (Joy Lab Pod #5)Jul 01, 2021
Joy Lab Podcast (episode 5)
Fun is essential for optimal mental health. But, what if your ‘shoulds’ are blocking all the fun? As humans, we can unintentionally, from our own perceptions and thinking, get in the way of our own fun. In this episode, Drs. Aimee Prasek and Henry Emmons discuss the different ways we can bring fun back into our lives. They share tools and stories you won’t want to miss. Stay tuned and listen to how you can bring fun back into your life!
In This Episode:
- [04:10] Is the constant pressure to be busy killing all the fun we might have?
- [6:26] Many of us think that if we make more money, more fun and joy will come. Is this story of American success a delusion?
- [10:00] The concept of flow and how it feeds good mental health and productivity.
- [15:10] Are there tools that we can use to add more awareness to our lives and avoid making the same mistakes?
- [23:35] What are the factors that influence the growth of new neurons?
- Bringing more awareness and ownership to our lives can change how we perceive enjoying life.
- A lot of us have the tendency to overwork. It’s a hard trap to get out of, but with some practice it’s possible.
- There are many ways to be in flow and to have fun, like singing, participating in sports and reading a good book.
Watch on YouTube: