Five Lessons On Loving Well
The theme of this episode is Love. Not the rom-com version of love, but the genuine deep connection that we all long for. And even though love is all around, it’s easy to close our hearts to love, in fear of becoming vulnerable and getting hurt. So how do we open ourselves again, and how do we keep our hearts open? Tune into this episode to learn the five lessons on loving well and how we can keep our hearts and minds open to love.
In This Episode:
- [03:00] Love is all around. It’s everywhere, like the air we breathe.
- [05:40] Henry talks begins the five lessons of love.
- [09:00] Noticing the difference between self-improvement and self-acceptance.
- [13:00] Anger can stand in the way of these lessons and has the power to spread like wildfire.
- [15:40] Embracing the importance of being vulnerable.
- [21:00] How listening to each other allows us to connect on a deeper level.
- [25:50] We may not feel ready or equipped, but love, like most things in life, is an apprenticeship.
- Love is always there. We just need to keep our hearts open so we can let it in.
- When learning how to love and let the love in, we need to learn how to love ourselves first.
- Many of us still believe that if we want to be happy, we need to weed out all the flaws, which is a never-ending quest. Instead, we need to find the balance between self-improvement and self-acceptance.
- Everyone is doing the best they can, at any given moment. See that innocence in yourself and others.