Week 5: Being with Difficult Emotions
It's natural to have a full range of emotions, even those we might label as "bad" or "negative." We'll discuss how to work with the strong emotions that so many are experiencing now so that they can remain natural and normal, and not add to the current burden of stress.
For the Kiddos
The last part of the resilience talk will dive into support for kids and parents.
When kids and teens become anxious, and when we are all spending more time together in close quarters on a daily basis, parents can find it challenging to “keep the peace” and support their kids to develop effective and positive coping strategies. In this session we discuss user-friendly parenting strategies in challenging times to help families to function more smoothly.
- Book: Parenting Your Stressed Child
- Helpful Summary Article for parents with an anxious child.
- Book for Kids with Anxiety: When My Worries Get Too Big.
- Important Basics About Kid's Mental Health: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/children-and-mental-health/index.shtml
- Raising a Resilient Child Online Parenting Course with Dr. Kevin Harrington. Learn More.
- Free Virtual Group Meditation with Tom Glaser and Nate Page. Saturdays, 10:30-11:10 a.m. CT. Learn more at Full Heart Living.
Next Live Class
Our next class will stream right here. If the class time has arrived and the live stream doesn't start, just refresh this page. You can also catch the class on our Facebook page so that you can comment and ask questions.
Replay | Sound Meditation
Replay | Tai Chi with Richard Johnson
Replay | Resilience Talk with Drs. Henry Emmons & Tim Culbert
Replay | Yin Yoga with Richard Johnson
Replay | Grounding Yoga with Elly Hollenhorst
Meditation | Guided Meditation with Catherine Duncan, MA, BCC
Have You Signed Up for the Resilience Retreat Emails?
Monday emails will help you start the week strong and give you a glimpse of what's coming up. Wednesday emails offer a motivation boost and a reminder to join in for the live talk.
Please reach out & we'll get back to you ASAP.