Week 7: Emotional Storms
Finding Refuge in Life's Storms.
Integrative psychologist, Dr. Jennifer Fallon, will also be joining in for this talk.
For the Kiddos
The last part of the resilience talk will dive into support for kids and parents.
One key for all of us as we deal with the ongoing stress and anxiety associated with COVID-19 is to manage the arousal level of our nervous system. In the pandemic situation, with so many stressors, it's easy to get stuck in a high arousal level with a fight, flight, or bite response much of the day. This is hard on the mind, body, and spirit. We'll explore some nervous system basics and techniques to rebalance to a more relaxed state.
- Jennifer Fallon, PhD, LP (co-guiding this week's talk with Drs. Emmons & Culbert).
HR Training for kids with BIG Emotions: Mightier.com
- HR Training for teens and adults with BIG Emotions: HeartMath.com
Other tools for biofeedback and arousal management:
- Kid's Book: What to Do When Your Temper Flares: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Problems with Anger.
- Raising a Resilient Child Online Parenting Course with Dr. Kevin Harrington. Learn More.
- Free Virtual Group Meditation with Tom Glaser and Nate Page. Saturdays, 10:30-11:10 a.m. CT. Learn more at Full Heart Living.
Next Live Class
Our next class will stream right here. If the class time has arrived and the live stream doesn't start, just refresh this page. You can also catch the class on our Facebook page so that you can comment and ask questions.
Replay Music of Now with Adrian Arroyo
Replay | Tai Chi with Richard Johnson
Replay | Resilience Talk with Drs. Henry Emmons & Tim Culbert
Replay | Yin Yoga with Richard Johnson
Meditation | Guided Meditation with Catherine Duncan, MA, BCC
Have You Signed Up for the Resilience Retreat Emails?
Monday emails will help you start the week strong and give you a glimpse of what's coming up. Wednesday emails offer a motivation boost and a reminder to join in for the live talk.
Please reach out & we'll get back to you ASAP.