You Are That Vast Thing You See with Great Telescopes
Did you catch the first set of images released from the Webb telescope? Did you feel a bit of awe? And if you listened to last episode (#17) you may have thought... "Hey! That's me in those images!" Yes! That might sound a bit wild, but it's true. Aimee is here to chat a bit about the power of seeing yourself in those images. Seeing your mystery, your magic, your power. In fact, the most incredible thing that you can discover might just be within. Telescopes optional.
- Carl Sagan: "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
- Alan Watts: “You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes.”
- Let the Webb images remind you of your power, your awe.
- Embracing your "small self" boosts your feelings of joy, generosity, wellbeing, and humility.
- Joy Lab Episode #4
- Joy Lab Episode #17
- Carl Sagan (website covering some of his work)
- Alan Watts: The Nature of Consciousness
- The Science of Awe (including more on the "small self")
- Joy Lab Program