90. Depression and Anxiety Medications: A Balanced Approach (Depression and Anxiety Coping Skills Podcourse)
Here's an important reminder about medications and depression and anxiety: You don't have to choose between medication or a "natural" approach. A truly integrative approach makes room for it all. It's about harnessing science, skills, and the incredible capacity for healing we all possess. In this episode, Dr. Emmons will discuss a more balanced perspective on medication and its role in mental health. He'll share his unique approach to medications with the reminder that healing is an individual journey, and there's no one-size-fits-all solution.
Sources and Notes:
- Important reminder: Consult your doctor or other qualified health professional before beginning any diet change, supplement, or lifestyle program.
- The mood-supporting supplements that we like can be found by taking our Resilience Quiz and free mini-course. Start here: https://www.naturalmentalhealth.com/resilience-quiz
- Where to shop:
- Our partner store at Fullscript: This is where you can find high-quality supplements and wellness products. Except for our CBD Gummies, any product links mentioned in the show notes below will require an account. Sign up for your free Fullscript account here: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/nmh/store-start
- Resilient Remedies: This is where you can find our line of trusted, high-quality CBD gummies: https://www.resilientremedies.com/
- Foundational Supplements:
- Activated B-complex: PureGenomics B-Complex
- Omega 3
- NeuroMag (magnesium L-threonate): our favorite form of magnesium to support sleep and mental health
- Reacted Magnesium: Another option with a blend of magnesium forms that some folks like for overall support. This is less expensive than magnesium L-threonate and comes in capsule or powder.
- Magnesium L-glutamate: perhaps the easiest form on the stomach.
- Vitamin D3
- Convenient, high-quality multi:
- This episode is part of our Podcourse! To get the most of the course, you may want to follow along in order, beginning with episode #78 and you can visit the Podcourse Page to find all the episodes. However, these episodes can be listened to in any order and you can take action with any strategy that you feel connected to.
- Resilience Quiz and free Mini-Course: Based on decades of clinical experience, we've created a model of resilience that is both helpful and practical. True to our approach at Natural Mental Health, we start with strengths. You'll identify these strengths in your Resilience Type. Your Resilience Type highlights your unique strengths, what fuels your joy, what keeps you in balance, and the lifestyle practices that most nourish you. After you find your Resilience Type, sign up for your free mini-course to receive tailored lifestyle practices (e.g., foods to eat more of, ideal forms of exercise, supplements, and mindfulness activities) that can support your mood, resilience, and overall wellbeing.
- Resilient Community: Access lots of extra resilience-boosting resources (like our Sleeping Well Workshop) AND you'll join a group of inspiring folks who play an integral role in keeping this podcast going... which means powerful resources (like this podcourse) stay accessible to everyone.
- Joy Lab Program: Take the next leap in your wellbeing journey with step-by-step practices to help you build and maintain the elements of joy in your life.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter: Join us over at NaturalMentalHealth.com for exclusive emails, updates, and additional strategies.
Please remember that this content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice and is not a replacement for advice and treatment from a medical professional. Please consult your doctor or other qualified health professional before beginning any diet change, supplement, or lifestyle program.
Please see our terms for more information.