Be Well in June: Wake Up Your Senses
Jun 01, 2018
Last month's theme encouraged you to add more activity to your day with attention to more rhythmic and diverse movements. This month, you'll activate your system in ways that may seem more subtle, but are just as enlivening and nourishing.
The focus this month is to awaken your senses in ways that can help you feel more energized and connected.
Wake Up Your Senses
Here are three strategies to focus on:
- Why: Inhaling aromatherapy scents can stimulate or soothe your system and provide a way to come alive in new and different ways.
- Specific action: Take just one minute daily to focus on smelling something that you enjoy. Give your full attention to the smell and notice how your system responds.
- Not sure what to smell? Try an aromatherapy product (find some here), a flower, fruit, or other natural element to give your full nose to.
- Why: It's easy to get consumed by all the things happening around you. Those constant pulls of attention can mean that you lose a sense of awareness and connection to your body. Touch can help bring attention back to the body in nourishing ways.
- Specific Action: Like the Sniff Meditation, you can simply take one minute daily and give your full attention to this sensory experience. Focusing on your hands, feet, or your body laying on the ground can feel most balancing. If you're able, consider getting a massage this month or create a backrub train at your next family or friend gathering (seriously!).
- Why: Sound creates powerful responses in body and mind.
- Specific Action: Check out music that is scientifically designed to train the brain waves to certain “frequencies” just by listening to it (called “audioentrainment”). It can help to facilitate sleep, focus, and creativity. Other sounds and music that you find enjoyable and calming can be used as well. Like the other challenge options, simply spend one minute fully-focused on the sound of your choice.
Pick one or more of the above strategies to focus on this month. Use the comment section below to share your progress, questions, and tips!
Missed May? Don't worry, May practices are good for every month! Find them here >>>
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.