Sleep Peacefully in Spring and SummerJun 01, 2023
The enlivening spring and summer months are made even more refreshing when sleep is prioritized. Better sleep allows you to take in more fully the inspiration that is around you and turn it into healthy actions to benefit your body, mind, and heart.
Here are three strategies to focus on:
1. Sip Drinks for Sleep
Try a hot cup of chamomile tea or warm coconut milk mixed with honey, cinnamon, and turmeric before bedtime.
2. Nap Mindfully
If you want a nap, keep it under 45 minutes. Short naps can be beneficial, whereas long naps can make you groggy and negatively impact your sleep at night.
3. Shift Your Attitude with Gratitude
Each night before bed, think about two or three things that happened during the day that you are thankful for. Even small things! Head over to our Joy Lab Podcasts on gratitude:
- Why Gratitude is Good (and Gratefulness is Great)
- Gratitude in the Wild: See What Is
- Gratitude in the Wild: Accept What Is
- Gratitude in the Wild: Choose Wisely
- The Happiness Paradox and Cheering for Your Rivals to Build Joy
Five Easy Tips for Better Sleep
If you have trouble falling asleep at night and need more strategies, check out these five easy tips.